Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dimension

Hi everyone!

As you know, I love playing with my supplies and finding cool new ways to use them.  One of my favorite supplies is Glimmer Mist and since I have a new love in Ranger's Multi Medium I thought...hmmm, how would these work together?  I have seen people mix gesso and mist...what about these?
For this project I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Scarlett, Ranger's Multi Medium in matte, a Crafter's Workshop stencil, an old gift card and some craft sticks.
I began by placing a dollop of the multi medium on my mat.
I sprayed a bit (1 pump) of the Glimmer Mist onto my medium and
stirred with the craft stick
Placed my stencil over my cardstock...
and used the old gift card to pull the medium across.
I ended up with some great dimensional texture that I left to dry overnight.  The matte Multi Medium has a great, wax-like appearance once dry.
With a quick sentiment stamp and a piece of older Prima Marketing paper, it became a cute card.
These cards are a little more simple than I usually make, but I just loved the detail and dimension that this technique offered.


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs.

Nancy

11 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE it! Great idea!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow Nancy what a great technique,this is beautiful!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very cool technique!

sandi said...

Love what you did! Great instuctions, and so easy!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

OMgoodness. This is a great idea and came out absolutely beautiful. I'm definitely going to try this one and maybe even try it with a few other mediums. OK, you've got the brain spinning. THANK YOU.

Mel Place said...

awesome technique nancy and really
cute card,tfs

Heather Landry said...

SO stinkin' cool Nancy! I absolutely love the way your cards turned out!

Michelle Price said...

Wow-very cool! Thanks for the instructions!

Crystal said...

this is an amazing idea! i can't wait to try it...so pretty! hugs!

Anonymous said...

first time to your site and I love this technique. Will have to give this a try and going to fix me a big shot cover this week too. Whoo hooo.
TY

Anonymous said...

Awesome ideas. Landed on your blog from this link where I saw your tutorial posted :http://rajnichawlahandmade.blogspot.in/2013/08/studio-multi-medium.html